Did you ever wonder how Solar Energy Panels work?
Sunday, 4 May 2014
Solar energy is the solar radiation that reaches the Earth.
Wind energy is mainly used to produce electricity.
Hydropower is a source of electricity.
Geothermal energy is the heat from the Earth.
Biomass is organic material from plants and animals.
Saturday, 3 May 2014
Friday, 2 May 2014
Thursday, 1 May 2014
We use a lot of energy in our homes, in businesses, in industry, and for personal travel and transporting goods.
- The industrial sector includes facilities and equipment used for manufacturing, agriculture, mining, and construction.
- The transportation sector comprises vehicles that transport people or goods, such as: cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, trains, subways, aircraft, boats, barges, and even hot air balloons.
- The residential sector consists of homes and apartments.
- The commercial sector includes buildings such as offices, malls, stores, schools, hospitals, hotels, warehouses, restaurants, places of worship, and more.
Wednesday, 2 April 2014
- Pond: Small area of fresh water. The water doesn't move. Many plants live in and around the ponde. There are fish, forgs, turtles, ...
- Oceans and seas: saltwater habitats. They are the habitat for algae, fish, mammals, birds, invertebrates, ...
Tuesday, 1 April 2014
Monday, 31 March 2014
- Deserts: they are dry, hot during the day and cold at night. Organisms vave to adapt to difficult conditions.
- Grasslands: low rainfall, hot summers, cold winters. There are few trees. Habitat for zebras, lions, cheetahs or antilopes.
- Rainforests: they are wet, sunny and warm places There is a rich wildlife.
- Forests: habitats with trees. Two types of trees:
a) Deciduous trees: they lose their leaves in autumn.
b) Evergreen trees: they have leaves all year long.
- Arctic Region: low temparatures and low rainfall. Animals and plants are adapted to low temperatures.
World's Land Habitats:
Friday, 28 March 2014
Wednesday, 26 March 2014
A food chain shows how every living thing gets the necessary energy to live.
- Plants are the producers, they produce their own food with the photosynthesis.
- Animals are consumers, they might be:
-Prey: they are eaten by the predators.